After a couple of cups of tea yesterday afternoon, I decided I would make a start on the dark corduroy pink skirt that I’d already cut out. As I’ve sewn the pattern a couple of times before, it went together quickly and by early evening I had another new skirt:
The flounce looks a bit crooked in this photo – it isn’t, the skirt is just a bit lopsided on Dolly which I didn’t notice until I saw the photos.
I really like this skirt. I’ve previously made two – one in purple and one in bottle green cord, and I think there may be one more in my plans. I bought some lovely black stretch moleskin a little while ago with the vague plan of making this skirt, and I think that’s what I’ll do. For reference, this was made from Burda 12-2009-122, skipping the welt-pockets, fly-front zip, rear patch pockets, belt loops and topstitching. I went for easy 🙂
I’m really looking forward to wearing it with a plain black top and these tights.